Here is a list of great resources developed by teachers from the MathTwitterBlogoSphere (MTBoS):
Ambitious Math Instruction
Daily Routines and Activities
- Estimation 180 – 180+ days of estimation challenges for students to further develop number sense.
- Would You Rather – A collection of interesting “would you rather” prompts to get students thinking critically in real world contexts.
- Visual Patterns – A collection of visual patterns to stimulate student’s algebraic thinking.
- Number Strings – A collection of cognitively constructed arithmetic practice to foster strategic and flexible thinking.
- Math Arguments 180 – 180+ days of mathematical prompts to get students constructing and critiquing mathematical arguments.
- Graphing Stories – Contextualized practice with graphing and data analysis
- Which One Doesn’t Belong – Thought-provoking puzzles to elicit mathematical conversations.
- Fraction Talks – Simple visuals that foster creative thinking around fractions.
- Mathalicious – Real world and contextual interactive lesson plans (Grades 6-12) paid
- Yummy Math – Real world and contextual lesson plans (Grades 3-12) paid
- Robert Kaplinsky – Real world and contextual lesson plans (Grades K-12) free
- Michael Fenton – Real world, problem-based, and Desmos lesson plans (Grades 5-12) free
- Andrew Stadel – Estimation 180 Lessons (Grades 4-8) free
- Graham Fletcher – 3-act Lessons (Grades K-7) free
- More Elementary 3-act Lessons (Grades K-8) free
- Dan Meyer – 3-act Lessons (Grades 3-12) free
- Kyle Pearce – 3-act Lessons (Grades 3-12) free
- Jon Orr – 3-act Lessons (Grades 6-12) free
- Dane Ehlert – 3-act Lessons (Grades 9-12) free
- Youcubed – “Low floor, high ceiling” tasks (Grades K-12)
- Illustrative Mathematics – Common Core Aligned tasks (Grades K-12)
- NCTM Illuminations – NCTM and CCSS aligned tasks (Grades K-12)
- NRICH – Non-routine mathematical problems (Grades K-12)
- MAP Assessment Tasks – CCSS aligned performance tasks (Grades 6-12)
- Open Middle – Challenging math problems worth solving (Grades K-12)
- Achieve The Core – CCSS aligned annotated tasks (Grades K-12)
- The Math Forum – Problems of the week (Grades K-12) paid
- Children’s Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction
- Young Mathematicians At Work
- Making Sense: Teaching and Learning Mathematics with Understanding
- Connecting Arithmetic to Algebra
- Integrating Differentiated Instruction and Understanding by Design
- Accessible Mathematics
- Sensible Mathematics
- What’s Math Got To Do With It?
- Which One Doesn’t Belong: A Shapes Book
- Intentional Talk
- Making Sense of Algebra
- Math on the Move
- Global Math Department – Virtual PD Sessions
- Global Math Department – Newsletter Archives
- Transition to Algebra Project
- Problem Based Learning Starter Kit by Geoff Krall
- 56 Examples of Formative Assessment by David Wees
- How to use 3-Act Lessons by Dan Meyer
- Word Problem Generator by Greg Tang
- Math Munch – A weekly digest of the mathematical internet
- Explore! Math! – A web-based mathematical scavenger hunt by Sam Shah
- Math In Your Feet – A program for learning math through movement and dance
- Learn Desmos – A tutorial for using this free online graphing calculator by Michael Fenton
- Talking Math with Your Kids – A website dedicated to helping parent’s support their children’s mathematical development
- Standards for Mathematical Practice – The Heinemann blog series
- Maths Gems – A weekly collection of five ideas for teaching math(s) by Jo Morgan